Pages

insights from a daughter of the King, teacher, farmer's wife, and Mommy

12.24.2012

Merry Christmas

Last night, we had our candle light service at church.  The pastor read the Christmas story and passed the light.  We sang Christmas carol after Christmas carol.  I held my sweet baby girl who curled up in my lap.  She looked in awe at the candle light and sighed and smiled at the Christmas songs.  I fought back the tears at the simpleness of it all. 

 I heard my husband and son singing

"O come, all ye faithful,
Joyful and triumphant,
O come ye,
O come ye to Bethlehem;
Come and behold Him
Born the King of angels;
O come, let us adore Him,
O come, let us adore Him,
O come, let us adore Him,
Christ, the Lord."



I hope you find enough Christmas this year to fill your heart till next year.




 

My Favorite Christmas Carol
O Little Town of Bethlehem
What is yours?
 


Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.    Matthew 1:23

 
 
lovely linkys
 


 

2 comments:

  1. merry christmas, karrie....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of the traditions that you get to experience with family. Merry Christmas (a few days late.)!

    ReplyDelete

Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones. Proverbs 16:24 Leave me some honey.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...