Pages

insights from a daughter of the King, teacher, farmer's wife, and Mommy

9.21.2013

Listen to the Music {a post of what i'm listening to}

{back in april i wrote a post about what i was listening to (listen to the music
i liked it so much i wanted to do it again
i've been working on this post for a week, things are just a little busy around here}


Friday night I was blessed to see the Oak Ridge Boys.  I grew up with their country, gospel music and it makes me smile.  They sang this song and it really struck a chord in my heart.
I am so guilty of complaining of the things I have to do, but really I get to do them.  I am blessed.



The Oak Ridge Boys - I Get To




My best friend text me and said I heard a song this morning and it made me cry and think of you.  I then went to youtube.  It is such a great song and I love having it stuck in my head.  



Cindy Morgan - Praise The King



Not many dry eyes in the house Friday night when this one played.  It is one of my favorite songs ever, and now that I have kids even more so.



The Oak Ridge Boys - Thank God for Kids


"And we'd all live in a quiet house
With out Big Bird or Mickey Mouse

And kool aid on the couch

Thank God for kids"


I thank God for mine!



I'm old but I'm not that old
I'm young but I'm not that bold.
This is the best song on the radio right now ( i think )
I just love it.



OneRepublic - Counting Stars


I sang this song as a teenager over and over and over!



Barenaked Ladies - One Week


And now they have a new song and I sing it too!


Barenaked Ladies- Odds Are

"But somewhere in the world someone is gonna fall in love by the end of this song
So get up, get up
No it’s never gonna let up so you might as well sing along"





What are you listening to these days?

2 comments:

  1. Love that OneRepublic song!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE posts like this. I feel as if I know the person better through their music. So right now, I'm slightly obcessed with Lana Del Ray. I recently saw the Great Gatsby (have a post coming soon about it), and I just couldn't get over the sound track. Love to you, girl.

    ReplyDelete

Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones. Proverbs 16:24 Leave me some honey.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...