Pages

insights from a daughter of the King, teacher, farmer's wife, and Mommy

6.24.2016

rest

Life moves pretty fast if you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.  
Ferris Buller's Day Off

As we prayed last night Addie prayed....

Thank you for God
Thank you for Jesus
Thank you for sin
Thank you for Jesus dying on the cross

I'm not sure the last time I thanked God for sin.  And for a second I almost stopped her and said don't say that, but I didn't.  But as I lay awake and she drifted fast asleep.  I thought about this.  For the sins I'm thankful for.  Because let's face it without sin, do we need Jesus?  




And when we sin and the world's sin lays heavy on our hearts and minds.  
Where do we turn?  Where do we find comfort and rest?

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."  Matthew 11:28

Dear Lord,
Thank you for making a path to you.  Thank you for your love and your son, Jesus, that despite our sin and wicked nature you still love and accept us. Thank you for giving us rest.  Thank you for children who open our minds. Thank you for giving me a time of rest.
Amen




1 comment:

  1. Out of the mouths of babes--- we learn so much from them. It's hard to see our need for God so plainly, and yet that is who He wants us to be: His children, dependent on His grace. Thank you for sharing that poignant moment. Visiting from FMF (in the spot right after you). :)

    ReplyDelete

Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones. Proverbs 16:24 Leave me some honey.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...