Pages

insights from a daughter of the King, teacher, farmer's wife, and Mommy

10.25.2010

Beauty in a Balloon.

There was no school Friday. So, Owen, Mom, and I headed to Statesville to the Carolina BalloonFest.  I had never been there and had no idea what to expect.  I happened upon the event by accident really, saw it online and that Friday was free admission.  I didn't tell Owen where we were going, but that I was taking him to a surprise.  He was so excited and anxious about what was going to happen.  He kept guessing and begging for hints, but I didn't tell!  (big deal - horrible at keeping surprises)  The festival was at the Airport in Statesville and as we waited in traffic Owen got to watch a airplane take off right beside him, I think this may have been his favorite part of the trip.  We waited patiently in traffic for 45 minutes to park, walked out into this huge field just in time.  They were just starting to begin filling the balloons.  The balloons were huge and BEAUTIFUL.  I really was not prepared for how cool and magnificent it was going to be. 






 The football was his favorite of course.
















I am thankful I was able to experience this with my son and my mom.
Grace comes in places we least expect it.

Speak to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. --Ephesians 5:19 - 20

linked up with Emily at chatting in the sky
chatting at the sky

5 comments:

  1. awesome pics! awesome day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "MAGNIFICENT"! Perfect adjective for the experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pics of a beautiful experience! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures, Karrie! You better frame some of those! What a wonderful experience, thank you for sharing! Much love to all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely. I could never get in one of those, but i could watch them all day from the ground :)

    ReplyDelete

Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones. Proverbs 16:24 Leave me some honey.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...