Pages

insights from a daughter of the King, teacher, farmer's wife, and Mommy

10.07.2010

It's all in the name...

I looked up the meanings of our names...

Karrie - friend; beloved
Matthew - gift from God
Owen - well born; young fighter

How true they are!  I often find myself surrounded by the best friends anyone could ask for.  I also have trouble keeping with them all!  I had 12 bridesmaids in my wedding and could have easily have added more!  It is true, I am a friend, and I love being a friend.  A gift from God, he truly was.  As I was wondering around lost, trying to find where God wanted me to be and what He wanted me to be, a man showed up.  He was a gift, Matthew.  I thank God for sending him every day.  And then there is Owen, who is well born and never lets down from a fight.  He is stubborn and hard headed.  But all these characteristics make him strong in character and make me love him even more.

And then there is Jesus, Savior.  There is no greater name!

"And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins." Matthew 1:21

1 comment:

Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones. Proverbs 16:24 Leave me some honey.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...