Pages

insights from a daughter of the King, teacher, farmer's wife, and Mommy

1.08.2011

My 30 before 30 List

I don't make resolutions and I've always wanted to make a bucket list, but I feel there is so many things I don't know about that I just couldn't make a complete one, so if it can't be perfect, then why do it?  Well, with that being said, back in December, I read a post by Jonathan Acuff at Stuff Christians Like, which is one of my favorite blogs and it lead me to write a 30 before 30 list.  This year I will turn 28, this means I only have 2 and half years to complete the items on my list.....lots to do and so little time....story of my life!

Here goes:

1.  Have a beautiful, healthy baby.  (Even if I'm the only one who thinks its beautiful)

2.  Read through the entire Bible.

3.  Build a porch on the front of the house.

4. Take Owen to his first day of Kindergarten.

5.  Start something to further my career.  (Masters or National Boards)

6.  Learn to cook new things.

7.   Spend more time with God and less time with distractions (stole from John, but it was so good)

8.  Walk/Hike with Matthew to the top of Stone Mountain, NC. (he's never been to the top)

9.  Pray more.

10.  Be a better gardener with a bigger garden.


11.  Learn to can food and make jelly.


12.  Help Matthew and Owen build a tree house.


13.  Be a better advocate for my students and their learning.


14.  Go to my grandmother's house in Canada.


15.  Spend as much time as possible with my two great-grandmothers.


16.  Help co-direct a successful Vacation Bible School.


17.  Go on a mission trip or two.


18.  Go on a family vacation every year.  (make Matthew go)


19.  Teach Owen to shoot a basketball.


20.  Reach out to more people in my community.


21.  Give more - money, time, prayers.


22.  Have a monthly girls night.


23.  Get a sewing machine and learn to sew.


24.  Blog and get better at blogging


25.  Read as many books as I can


26.  Vacuum once a week.   (maybe)

27.  Pay off debts.

28.  Start a work out plan and stick to eating it.


29.  Call my friends more, just to see how they are.


30.  Hug my son, baby to come, and husband every day and tell them how much I love them.

2 comments:

  1. Karrie--I have the Bible in 90 days, its a Bible broken into 12 page segments per day, so that you can read the entire Bible in 90 days.Let me know if you want to borrow it to get going on #2!

    ReplyDelete

Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones. Proverbs 16:24 Leave me some honey.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...