Pages

insights from a daughter of the King, teacher, farmer's wife, and Mommy

3.12.2012

pray


My mind spins this morning.  
Prayers for a friend and her newborn son fill my heart.  
And I cry out to God, as David did.
      Hear me, LORD, and answer me,
      for I am poor and needy.
We discussed prayer yesterday. 
I have grown in my prayer life.
I'm no longer prayer, Lord be with the sick people and thank you, Lord, for the butterflies.
I'm doing better at prayer when I wake up
And not waiting till I close my eyes at night.
It's easy for me to pray in times of need,
For things I can not control.
But for things I think I can control, I forget to pray.
And so I cry....    
Teach me your way, LORD,    
that I may rely on your faithfulness;     
give me an undivided heart, t
hat I may fear your name. 
I will praise you, Lord my God, with all my heart; 
I will glorify your name forever. 
For great is your love toward me; 
you have delivered me from the depths, 
from the realm of the dead.
                                     Psalm 86


How do you pray?  When do you find it easy or hard?  Have any prayer request? I would love to pray with and for you.


lovely linkys
Jen @ Soli De Gloria
Shanda @ On Your Heart Tuesdays
Jumping Tandem

3 comments:

  1. Karrie -- your words are like a river. Refreshing, real, soothing.

    If you are taking prayer requests, would you pray for the SDG retreat fundraising? Also, are you on the SDG prayer list? I cannot remember. Email me if you are not and if you want to be on it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need prayer...for many things in my life because right now, prayer is hard for me.

    ReplyDelete

Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones. Proverbs 16:24 Leave me some honey.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...