Pages

insights from a daughter of the King, teacher, farmer's wife, and Mommy

7.26.2013

an educator's broken plea

i feel broken 
or maybe just broke
and all the talk of the legislative decisions
has made me think i made the wrong choice
i don't know what their thinking
but maybe they think we are greedy
and have too much money

but i don't want a pay raise so i can have more
but so i can pay for what i have
my car payment
my house payment
my medical bills
my children food and clothing
and the stuff i buy my students
because sometimes it's the only thing anyone ever buys them

in just a few weeks
we will take our broken selves
and keep on keeping on
because i haven't made the wrong decision
teaching is my mission
it is what i'm called to do
and when i stand before them
it's not about the money
or the master's degree
it is about them
each of their beautiful faces, minds, and futures




even with clouds ahead the road will still be beautiful
“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” John 16 33








lovely linky
Lisa Jo @ Five Minute Friday

3 comments:

  1. As a fellow educator, I appreciate your poem and your perspective. Teaching is a mission. May you be buffered and blessed as we go into a new school year.
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job. This is do true, unfortunately!

    ReplyDelete

Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones. Proverbs 16:24 Leave me some honey.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...