in no particular order
- summer time ----- coffee on my porch, hanging out with my kids and my family, the beach
- gardening ----- growing your own food is a reward from God
- VBS ---- its a farm theme, how can you not be excited
- a new school year and basically a new job
- i graduated nc state university with a degree in middle school education with a concentration in language arts and social studies. i student taught social studies. i said i am going to teach social studies and i would love to teach 8th grade. july 2006 i was hired for my first job teaching.....math. the last seven years i have smiled though. my friend yesterday said but your good at teaching math and i said its my job. i did everything i could to make my math class unlike any other math class. don't get me wrong i taught the math but we read books and colored and cut and pasted and sometimes they would look at me like i was crazy and say but this is math class. i always felt they learned the math but maybe not the best way. but next year i get to do what i went to school to be and maybe it won't be as great as i imagine but at least i get to find out
- making progress with my children and entitlement ------- my son cleaned both toilets this morning and swept and mopped his bathroom, i'm not saying we're cured but celebrating progress
- reading ------ my list of books to read is growing and my free time is about to significantly increase
- BABIES ----- my best friend and college roommate had a sweet baby boy this week, my "sister" is having a baby in november and we find out what it is in june, and my very good friend and church sister is having a baby in august!! there is nothing sweeter than seeing your friends have babies and knowing the love they feel deep inside because you feel it too for your own children
- weight loss ---- i have lost 15 pounds since august and i am hoping this summer i can really get into an exercise routine
- 30!!! --- i turn 30 soon, i'm excited and terrified!
so much excitement
so thankful to God for all the blessings in my life
anything exciting happening in your life these days???