Pages

insights from a daughter of the King, teacher, farmer's wife, and Mommy

1.06.2014

risk pep talk {mostly for me}

are you scared or are you nervous about taking a risk?

do you think Jesus was scared or nervous His whole life?

His whole life was a risk.  
A risk God had to take. 
The only way, the only truth, and the only life, he says.

Why do we avoid Him and the risk He lays out for us? 
When he clearly tells us I am with you. (Joshua 1:9)  
I got you, He says.  
But there we stand a yellow bellied chicken, the kid at the end of the diving board, peering over the edge.

Saying I don't know, Lord.  
I can't do it. 
I can't do it.  
I don't have enough money.
I don't have enough time.
What will other's think?
What if something goes wrong?
What about my family?
What if....
I don't know. {shakes head}
I can't.

Meanwhile, the heavenly hands are waiting just over the edge. 
Pleading, I got you. 
I promise.  

Risk it.

And who is he that will harm you, if ye be zealous of that which is good?
But even if ye should suffer for righteousness' sake, blessed are ye: and fear not their fear, neither be troubled; 
1 Peter 3:13-14


even if you fail
I got you, He repeats over and over and over.


lovely linky
Jen @ Finding Heaven



5 comments:

  1. Love it. What a great idea--looking at how Jesus handled it. (Should be a duh! idea, but you know, I'm kind of slow some days.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect words. I think you are in my head. Thankful to share this journey with you. Jump girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't true? His whole life was a risk. We forget that. Why do we forget that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that reminder... "even if you fail, I got you..." Great post. Grateful to being taking this #RiskRejection journey with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love imagining God in the pool, me hovering over the edge of the diving board, His arms wide open, smiling big, simply saying, "I got you, Jen!" A lovely thought to add to my day.

    ReplyDelete

Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones. Proverbs 16:24 Leave me some honey.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...