Pages

insights from a daughter of the King, teacher, farmer's wife, and Mommy

1.11.2012

Refreshing Rain

As I drove home today and my thoughts flooded my mind and rain flooded the roads, I thought about how things dry out;  your body without water, rest, youth...the earth without rain.  And lately I have just been feeling a little dry.  I know its winter and your skin dries out, but even a little more than that.  Just plain dry.  But the rain fell today, and not just a little but an all day downpour.  And despite the dreary, rain....I felt an excitement.  Warm hot chocolate with Owen.  Little girl reaching for me.  Potato soup.  Husband and son playing with Sing-a-ma-jigs.  Refreshing like rain to a dry soul.  



Bring me joy, bring me peace
Bring the chance to be free
Bring me anything that brings You glory
And I know there'll be days
When this life brings me pain
But if that's what it takes to praise You
Jesus, bring the rain
-MercyMe


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones. Proverbs 16:24 Leave me some honey.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...