Pages

insights from a daughter of the King, teacher, farmer's wife, and Mommy

1.03.2012

put my Jesus on

Wow.  My first post of 2012.  As I sit and take in the sounds around me....baby girl playing, talking baby talk, laughing....Owen stops to play to kiss his sister....the dishwasher running....the radio on with the words "everything you do, do for the glory of the Lord".  And I fight back the tears of happiness, of blessings, of why are you so good to me Lord.  And yet I struggle, how am I living for him?  Do I put my Jesus on everyday, in every moment?  No, I let fleshly desires consume me with my eating habits, with my finances, with my worry.

2012 - I will fight with the word -

Our Sunday School lesson this week was on excessiveness.  Here in America, here in NC, here in Wilkes Co., here in my humble abode, we are consumed by excessiveness.  Too much is never enough.   But you see Jesus is enough, actually he's more than enough. 

Paul says these words in Romans 13, "The night is nearly over, and the daylight is near, so let us discard the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light.  Let us walk with decency, as in the daylight: not in carousing and drunkenness; not in sexual impurity and promiscuity; not in quarreling and jealousy.  But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no plans to satisfy the fleshly desires."

Put on your Jesus this morning, this week, this year.....that doesn't mean your going to wear your cross around your neck and your casting crowns shirt...it means in your actions, your thoughts, your attitude Jesus shines through you. 

Pray with me.

Dear Heavenly Father,
Forgive me of my fleshly desires of overconsumption in my eating habits, in my money, in my needless wory.  Help me to trust in You, in Your control, and to put MY Jesus at all times.
Amen



5 comments:

  1. great choice, karrie. will i see you tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great word! I am on a quest to trust more as well. I will be revealing my word tomorrow! Trust and obey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This I LOVE: make no plans to satisfy the fleshly desires.

    Oh yes, I think that is good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an awesome post! You are an awesome writer, person, friend...I miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WE all have so much...

    I came to your blog from Jon Acuff’s site. He has created a tremendous forum for sharing our blogs and impacting more people with them.

    I hope my blog can be an encouragement to you also.

    I write it for encouragement and motivation daily.

    http://i-never-fail.blogspot.com

    Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to watching the connections grow!

    ReplyDelete

Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones. Proverbs 16:24 Leave me some honey.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...