1. I am thankful for freedom. Freedom to worship the Almighty Lord. Freedom to work where I work. Freedom to choose or freedom not to choose.
2. I am thankful for Jesus. Without his love and grace, I could not/would not be who I am today. I am thankful he took my sins and died for me on a cross that I may have everlasting life.
3. I am thankful for my moma. My moma is everything a wonderful moma should be (although it took having my own to figure this out). She is loving and kind, and stubborn and strict. She has always been there for me through the good times and hard times. She made sacrifices for me and has unfailing made sure I have everything she could possible give me. I love her and am thankful she is not only a mom but a friend as well.
4. I am thankful for my daddy. I am thankful that he always listened to me and combed my hair. He drove me around in the tractor and taught me to help a neighbor and everyone you meet. He loved me no matter what I did right or wrong.
5. I am thankful for my brother. He has always took care of me. He looked out for me and despite being 7 years older took me places with him even though I know he really didn't want to. He has continually gave me good advice, even though I didn't listen sometimes. He has been more than my brother but my best friend.
6. I am thankful for my husband. He is my rock. He is who I go to with everything. He offers love and understanding every day. He is an answer to my prayers and I love him more every day.
7. I am thankful for my son. He gives me laughter, patience, humbleness, and unconditional love. He is honest and strong willed and smart. I am grateful for his warm heart and out going self.
8. I am thankful for my family. At birth I had 6 great grandparents, 6 grandparents, 5 aunts, 5 uncles, 13 great aunts, 14 great uncles, and many many many cousins. Through the Christmas', Easters', decoration days, Mother's Days, Father's Days, weddings, funerals, reunions, and birthdays, these people have been there. Some of gone to be with the Lord and many more have been added. Now I have a whole new family with Matthew and I love them too. Your family is a precious thing. I could not be more blessed.
9. I am thankful for my friends. If I named them all from birth to now, I could finish my list with friends. I don't really have a large number of close friends, but I do know that through out my life I have been surrounded by some awesome people who are right down the road and a long ways down the road. I could call upon any one of them and they would take the time to listen and understand. I am truly blessed with friends and will never have too many.
10. I am thankful for my education. I attended a small K-8 school in a rural area. But they provided me with as many opportunities as possible which lead me to NCSU where I was able to graduate and be successful in my field of education.
11. I am thankful for my job. I love middle schoolers! I love that I am able to laugh and teach and be an advocate for children every day. Yes it has its challenges and bad days, but at the end of the day I know that at least one person that day had a better day because of me and something I said or did.
12. I am thankful I live on a farm. The ability to walk out the door and not see anything but land, trees, and cows as far as the eye can see brings me peace and comfort. The ability to feed a baby cow or hold a baby chicken, to plant and harvest, and to depend upon God for the things which you can't control that is being a farmer.
13. I am thankful for my church. I have a family of God and there is nothing better than a Christian brother, sister, and friend.
14. I am thankful for the ability to read. I love a good book to escape the world. This is not something I have always been thankful and utilized.
15. I am thankful for the people I work with. It is a wonderful feeling to trust the people you are with everyday. We are able to laugh and cry together. It makes going to work an easy task.
16. I am thankful for my mistakes and hard times. I have not always made good decisions. But I have learned many lessons. Through these times I have grown as a person and a Christian. Tough times make tough people.
17. I am thankful for laughter. I love a good joke. I love to hear baby's laugh and older people laugh. I think it is so cool that we all laugh differently.
18. I am thankful for music. I am not a musician. I played trombone for 7 years, but I'm pretty sure I can't play it now. One of my favorite things to do is listen to live music. It doesn't matter if its gospel, bluegrass, country, classical, rock n' roll, or karaoke, if it is live I will listen. Music seems to just say all the things you can't. There is music for when you are mad, sad, happy, or just riding the road. There is a song about everything.
19. I am thankful for seasons. I am so glad that it is not hot year round, but then after weeks of cold, I'll be ready for some warm. I am blessed to live in a place where in a years time we will have temperatures ranging from 100 to 0. I will get to watch the leaves turn to beautiful shades of red, yellow, and orange, and then I will get to watch the sprout buds of green in the spring. Change displayed beautifully, not always easy but good.
20. I am thankful for good health. Health is something we often take for granted until something happens. 7 months ago I was in the ER with an ectopic pregnancy, preparing to go into emergency surgery. I am thankful I live in a place with creditable doctors who were there to save me. And that I healed and now am in good health again.
21. I am thankful for good campfire chats. There is a wonderful feeling watching a campfire. The way it crackles, smells, and smokes. Through the years I have had some wonderful nights, with wonderful friends around a campfire.
22. I am thankful for my mind. I am not a genius or really all that smart. But my mind is capable and useful and works over time. I often wonder what is going on in other peoples mind, but I can barely keep up with whats going in mine.
23. I am thankful for to be an American and for those who have fought and protected our country and freedom.
24. I am thankful for a roof over my head. I have been blessed all my life to have a house/apt/dorm and/or space of my own. I have never been cold or hungry or without running water. oh, the things we take for granted
25. I am thankful for the ability to garden. This spring, Owen, Matthew, and I had our first garden. We planted little bitty seeds that grew in really big plants. We grew and ate tomatoes, cucumbers, corn, zucchini, squash, watermelon, and peppers. It was a wonderful family bonding, money saving, and tasty experience.
Every Thursday in November, I will create a list of 25 things I am most thankful for. There are four Thursdays in November making a list of 100! (i did that without a calculator) Feel free to join in.