Pages

insights from a daughter of the King, teacher, farmer's wife, and Mommy

11.06.2011

don't miss your burning bush

so maybe God hasn't spoke to you in a burning bush lately, or maybe he has.  


here's the story

Moses is just minding his own business, tending his sheep.  And all the sudden he looks over and sees a burning bush, the bush doesn't burn out or turn to ashes, it just keeps burning.  So as curious minds do, he checks it out.  It is at this point God calls out though the bush, "Moses, Moses."  I don't know about you, but if a bush started calling my name I'd be a little freaked out, hesitant at least.  But Moses is courageous, he answers, "Here I Am!!"  God says to Moses, stay there, take off your shoes, you are on holy ground and I am God!.  He goes on to tell him he wants Moses to go get His people out of Egypt, which is kind of a big deal.  Moses replies, "you want me, really?" And later even has an excuse for why it shouldn't be him, he has a speech impediment.  All the while I'm studying and reading thinking he is having this conversation with a bush, which is God!


here's the lesson

God speaks to us.  First, we are moving too fast, with too many distractions that we wouldn't even see a bush if it was on fire and talking to us. Second, we aren't curious enough.  What if Moses saw the bush and went the other way.  "Someone else can take of that."  God speaks, we walk to the other way.  Third, like Moses we have excuses.   "You don't mean me Lord....I can't, I don't, I wouldn't, not today, not enough.....etc."

God says

  The LORD said to him, “Who gave man his mouth? Who makes him deaf or mute? Who gives him sight or makes him blind? Is it not I, the LORD? 12 Now go; I will help you speak and will teach you what to say.”   Exodus 4:11

no excuses....I got this....

 God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I AM has sent me to you.’” Exodus 3:14

God had big plans for Moses, just as He has big plans for you.
So, He speaks........do you hear Him?


 


2 comments:

  1. I definitely hear him more when I am not moving ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that part when God sets Moses straight! And boy I can relate to Moses -- how many times have I responded to God, "Ah, no...I don't think so...I think you've got the wrong woman!"

    ReplyDelete

Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones. Proverbs 16:24 Leave me some honey.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...