Pages

insights from a daughter of the King, teacher, farmer's wife, and Mommy

9.14.2011

fear not

not once, not twice, but three hundred sixty five times the bible says fear not


(i can hear God now.....and how many times do I have to tell you (in a big booming fatherly voice).....i'm not telling you again....because I say that frequently to my own children)

but he says it again and again, giving me chance after chance

“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus” Phillipians 4:6-7

did he know i was going to need this daily reminder.....(one for every day of the year).....yes

“Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you” 1 Peter 5:6 -7


i think i need it every minute after all i was the kid whose grandma bought the worry wart at age 7

and this one it gets me every time 

“Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD and shun evil. ” Proverbs 3:5-8

wise in my own ways.....i'm sure it must be a funny site for God....to watch me worry away at the things (all things) He is already controlling

but i dwell, i roll them around in my pea brain, i make them big when they are small.....mostly about my children and their well being, but other things too...money, natural disasters, death, life....

but He says......FEAR NOT


"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10
"I sought the LORD, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears." Psalm 34:4


what are you fearing this week? where do you find comfort?




4 comments:

  1. Perfect love drives out fear. This was such a good post - a great reminder. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need this too. Thank you my dear one. Sheilae

    ReplyDelete
  3. karrie, so lovely to meet you... and do you know how i needed this today? such peace in your post. thank you. bless you, e.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 365 times! That is like he is reminding us every day of the year. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones. Proverbs 16:24 Leave me some honey.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...