Pages

insights from a daughter of the King, teacher, farmer's wife, and Mommy

9.05.2011

labor day

Yesterday in children's church I asked the children what labor day means:

Grace - you can't wear white till spring

Mady - shopping

Savannah - the day off

just some fyi:

The first Labor Day parade was held in New York City
on September 5, 1882.

In the year 1894, Congress voted Labor Day a federal holiday.

What does labor day mean to you? What do you labor for?

Whatever you do, work at it with all of your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men.
Colossians 3:23


In Honor of Labor Day 

(stolen from Kristen @ we are that family)

which i agree is the hardest work ever

Kid #1 - Owen, December 14, 2005, 9 lbs 2 oz, 21 1/2 inches long

Kid #2 - Addie, July 24, 2011, 9 lbs 8 oz, 21 1/2 inches long


How long were your labors?
Kid #1, 15 hours
Kid #2, 12 hours

How did you know you were in labor?
Kid #1, 2 weeks late, induced 
Kid #2, random contractions, induced
Where did you deliver?
the hospital with wonderful nurses
Drugs?
           Kid #1 - epidural 1 - didn't take, epidural 2 - only worked on half my body and I precedied to pull out while squirming on the the bed, epidural 2 - didn't take
          Kid #2  pain meds in the iv, no epidural
C-section?  
       nope
Who delivered?
Kid #1- the wonderful Dr. Horton who had just started here in my area
Kid #2- the wonderful Dr. Polindoro - who also saved my life when i had an ectopic pregnancy



4 comments:

  1. I love that Paul does not ask whether we like our job or not or even if our boss is fair or not- he just says do it to honour God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always think of giving birth labor, as well. My biggest baby was 10#'s and 4 ounces.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Labor Day -- a day off. I think it's funny that we have this national holiday, when really, shouldn't we be taking every 7th day off? A good reminder that we can always have a Sabbath.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun take on this day!

    My first labor 18 hours. My second? An hour and fifteen minutes. Didn't make it to the hospital and had my baby on the side of the road. Yep, there's a labor story for you!

    ReplyDelete

Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones. Proverbs 16:24 Leave me some honey.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...